Saturday, July 11, 2009

Blogs are good too

First of all, they're free. Second, they drive a tremendous amount of traffic to your site. Your blog need not be a daily posting chore, it just needs all the right buzzwords. For example, my wedding music blog gets picked up by every local search a bride or groom may make in my neck of the woods. I don't get contracts out of every visit, but at least I've given myself that opportunity.

Even my diet blog drives huge numbers. In fact, the wedding blog, this Indie blog and my All-U-Can-8-Diet blog account for about 10-15% of the hits on my site and, of those hits, are responsible for about 50% of the gigs I land.

I post once in a blue moon. If I posted daily, I might increase my traffic, but for now, I'm quite satisfied with the ROI.

No comments: